Wireless speakers available in the market give you a variety of options. You usually choose to buy a speaker that suits your personal preferences. Most bluetooth speakers have almost the same features, so deciding which device to select can be challenging.
When an audio product is on the market, people tend to compare it with another product. This article compares two bluetooth speakers from prominent audio brands – the Beats by Dre Pill XL and the JBL Flip 4.
Both wireless speakers come in a cylindrical shape. If you’re rooting one of these two bluetooth speakers, let’s take this comparison to a higher level.
Pros and Cons
What makes the Beats by Dre Pill XL better than the JBL Flip 4?
- Battery Power Increased by 46.67%
- Wi-Fi is supported.
- Bluetooth pairing through NFC is supported.
- There is a 3.5mm male connector on this item.
- 205g less weight
- It comes with remote control.
- Shorter by 22mm
- Thinner by 24mm
What makes the JBL Flip 4 better than the Beats by Dre Pill XL?
- It has stereo speakers.
- Lower low-frequency by 10Hz
- It has a passive radiator
- Dustproof and Water-resistant
- It has Has a noise-canceling microphone
- 15mm smaller
Feature and Design
- Used Wirelessly
- 85% of both speakers have it.
- Supports a Remote Smartphone
- 84% of both speakers have it.
- Control Panel on a Device
- 93% of both speakers have it.
- 28% of JBL Flip 4 have it, while 72% of Beats by Dre Pill XL don’t.
- Dustproof and Water-resistant
- 10% of JBL Flip 4 have it, while 90% of Beats by Dre Pill XL don’t.
- (310g) – Beats by Dre Pill XL, while (515g) – JBL Flip 4
- Remote Control
- 25% of Beats by Dre Pill XL have it, while 75% of JBL Flip 4 don’t.
- (46mm) – Beats by Dre Pill XL, while (68mm) – JBL Flip 4
- (190mm) – Beats by Dre Pill XL, while (175mm) – JBL Flip 4
- Travel Bag Included
- 88% of both speakers don’t include travel bags.
- (46mm) – Beats by Dre Pill XL, while (70mm) – JBL Flip 4
The JBL Flip 4 is covered with a durable fabric material. Its sizeable ends cups protect the item from any damages. This wireless speaker has oversized molded plastic buttons for adjusting the volume, playing/pausing music tracks, and a Bluetooth pairing button.
The JBL Flip 4 is great for outdoor activities. Since it’s IPX7 waterproof, this wireless speaker can work well with any weather condition. It’s also capable of submerging in water for 30 minutes at a depth of less than a meter.
The Beats Pill by Dr. Dre has allocated buttons for controlling your audio. However, Beats Pill isn’t waterproof. The design is comparable to a big pill. It looks perfectly cylindrical from the front with the back part that’s uniquely carved. Aside from being portable, the carved area also serves as part of the main base. The rear part of the speaker also houses most of the device controls.
The Beats Pill XL measures about 13 x 3.75 x 3.75 inches and weighs around 3.3 pounds, while the JBL Flip 4 measures 3.6 x 3.6 x 8.5 inches. In this case, the Beats Pill XL is heavier than the JBL Flip 4, which weighs just 1.8 pounds.
Power and Battery Life
- Rechargeable Battery
- 67% of both speakers have it.
- Battery Level Indicator
- 46% of both speakers have it.
- Battery Power
- (4400mAh) – Beats by Dre Pill XL, while (3000mAh) – JBL Flip 4
It’s fair to say that battery life is one of the most important features in choosing a wireless speaker. Longer playtimes usually are better.
The battery life of the JBL Flip 4 can play up to 12 hours of continuous music, while the Beats Pill works up to 15 hours. Both wireless speaker’s battery life depends on the volume level. Playing music at lower volume levels helps save battery. Although they differ in battery life, both speakers have a battery life indicator considered an essential feature.
- AUX Input
- 72% of both speakers have it.
- 42% of Beats by Dre Pill XL have it, while 58% of JBL Flip 4 don’t.
- 3.5mm Audio Jack Socket
- 40% of both speakers have it.
- Bluetooth Pairing using NFC
- 22% of Beats by Dre Pill XL have it, while 78% of JBL Flip 4 don’t.
- USB Ports
- Both have 1 USB Port.
- 3.5mm Male Connector
- 46% of Beats by Dre Pill XL have it, while 54% of JBL Flip 4 don’t.
The Beats By Dr. Dre Pill XL and the JBL Flip 4 are wireless devices that allow you to have more freedom of movement. If you have non-Bluetooth devices that you want to connect, both bluetooth speakers also have a 3.5mm audio jack socket. Each wireless speaker has one USB port. However, Bluetooth pairing using NFC is only supported by Beats by Dre Pill XL.
Sound Quality and Performance
- Stereo Speakers
- 44% of Beats by Dre Pill XL don’t, while 56% of JBL Flip 4 have it.
- Lowest Frequency
- (80Hz) – Beats by Dre Pill XL, while (70Hz) – JBL Flip 4
- Highest Frequency
- Both speakers have a 20000Hz frequency
- Passive Radiator
- 67% of Beats by Dre Pill XL don’t, while 33% of JBL Flip 4 have it.
- Noise-Canceling Microphone
- 91% of Beats by Dre Pill XL don’t, while 9% of JBL Flip 4 have it.
Unlike the original Beats Pill, the Beats Pill XL offers a better bass response. The treble response of this wireless speaker is also satisfying. When turning the volume to the maximum level, the Beats Pill XL doesn’t distort much. It’s also capable of limiting the frequencies produced when it gets too loud. You may observe that the speaker sometimes holds back to avoid distortion.
The Flip 4’s sound quality is very similar to the previous models, like the Flip 3. Many reviews have shown that the JBL Flip 4’s audio quality isn’t consistent. Some track sounds good, and other songs played sounds a bit pushed to its limits. Though the Flip 4 is a little inconsistent with its bass response, the overall performance is still exceptional. The dual 40mm drivers are responsible for reproducing incredible sounds.
You can purchase JBL’s Flip 4 wireless speaker for $99.00, and it’s available in five colors: black, blue, grey, red and teal. The Beats by Dr. Dre Pill XL also comes in five colors: black, white, pink, metallic sky and titanium. You can purchase this item for $300.
Beats by Dre Pill XL VS JBL Flip 4 Portable Speakers
Both are excellent products to consider. Whether it’s a Beats Pill XL or a JBL Flip 4, they’re both stylish and functional. As a result, determining which one is best for you should not be difficult. If you prefer a speaker for indoor use, the Beats Pill XL will not disappoint. If you are an explorer, then choose JBL Flip 4. Good luck with your purchases!
[sc name=”Call to Action Rank Related Products”]